Tuesday, March 3, 2009

SendEarnings: The Slow Burn

SendEarnings has fallen into a mental category I've decided to call "Slow Burners". It isn't going to amass you large amounts of money within a short period of time. The money you're required to earn before payout is a bit high compared to websites like MyLot and Ciao, at $30.00. I suppose that makes victory that much sweeter.

While the build-up is slow at only a few cents per ad you click, and maybe 50 cents for completing a survey, it doesn't take much effort at all (again, compared to websites like MyLot and Caio). You get several ads per day. You click them. You earn a few more cents. The $5.00 Sign-up Bonus I got wasn't bad... it was a pretty good start. After a few surveys and about 4 months of steady ad-clicking, it's up to about $10.43. For absolutely no effort beyond that required to click a mouse, or 5 minutes dedicated to a mindless survey here or there, that's not bad.

To be honest, I have not filled out many of their surveys or offers, and that's where the real money is at. I'll be spending a little bit more time filling out surveys from this point on, although it requires dedicating more time and effort to SendEarnings. But we'll see how quickly I accrue money by doing that, as compared to merely passively clicking on ads.

I will not be completing many trial offers, even free ones, because I don't appreciate the junk-mail or the information that it's necessary to surrender. Some of them are superficially lucrative, but require you to divulge important personal information that you may not want to divulge, or else they require a credit card/some other form of financial investment, and you don't receive credit for the offer until your payment has gone through. I don't consider this to be "worth it", so I'm happy with the ads and surveys.

They also have "Cash Games". I won't be spending much time on that. The games are free, and I enjoy them, but in order to get a chance to earn some money, you have to put in a financial investment. $10 for a "premium" account, and then $1.00 per tournament you enter. Those dollars will kill you quickly, especially when they were so hard to earn, and your chances of winning the tournament seem pretty slim. I'll stay away from those, unless I have the urge to play a few free games of Bejeweled.

So far, I seem to be earning about $1.00 a month simply clicking ads. That means I won't see payout for... what... almost 2 years? I'll see how much I can speed that up with surveys, though. Currently, I'm waiting to be credited for 2 surveys. I've completed and been credited for 3 without problems, and it can apparently take a few days.

And, of course, there is the "Referral Center". That's where you refer new people to SendEarnings . There are some pretty strict referral requirements, however, but we'll also keep an eye on that one as well.

My Progress:

March 1st - I have earned $10.45 up to this point. This includes the $5.00 sign-up bonus, $4.45 for clicking ads for the past few months, and $1.00 for filling out surveys. I am currently waiting for 2 surveys I completed to be credited to my account.

Attempted to fill out a survey. Did not qualify for any.

March 2nd:
Checked my email and discovered that one of my surveys had been credited. It took two days. I won't complain - it was an easy 50 cents.

Attempted to fill out a survey. Did not qualify for any.

Today:
Started out with $10.97 in my account, woke up to an email with an ad to click. Got 2 cents for my efforts. Woo.

I saw an email from the survey service that SendEarnings uses about how a program I downloaded for the purposes of taking a survey did not register correctly, and that I should re-download it. I took a survey a few days prior to that which required me to download a program... I did it because I actually trust that SendEarnings would not send me to a scammer, and the survey was actually interesting (whether or not this was stupidity on my part, who knows). In any case, I'm not downloading it again through a freaking email. I mean, come ON. I now trust that survey service less after their "download this again through this link lololol" crap. If that costs me 50 cents, so be it. Since I have not been credited for the particular survey involved, I suppose it has.

Attempted to fill out a survey. Told I did not qualify, and there were none available. Attempted again an hour later. Successfully completed a survey.

There'll be more paid ads today, and I may attempt to take another survey, so I may update the blog later today. Otherwise, it'll go into my next SendEarnings entry.

About the surveys:
One of the reasons I stopped paying attention to my SendEarnings account when I initially signed up for it was the fact that I didn't qualify for ANYTHING. I would try and try to qualify for Surveys, to no avail. Thankfully, that seems to have improved, and I can generally qualify for at least one survey every few days. I guess that's not so bad.

The irritating thing about the surveys is that some of them HAVE to be done in Microsoft Internet Explorer. I primarily use Firefox. This was a serious problem when my main PC ran Linux, another reason I didn't fill out Surveys very much.

Last, sometimes you get halfway through a survey and get disqualified. What a waste of time. I've also had surveys just... glitch on me. Also a waste of time.

Sometimes it will tell you there are no more surveys available for today. Wait an hour or two, and try again, and it may try to hook you up with another survey.

Doing the Math:
Assuming that I just round up to the nearest whole number as my account balance, if I manage to fill out at least one survey per day for 50 cents, at an average of 2 ads per day (which is what I seem to get), so let's make that 54 cents... it'll take about 36 more days, or a little bit over a month, to hit payout.

Keep in mind that it may not be possible to qualify for a survey every day, and that I normally don't bother (but am doing so for the sake of this experiment).

No comments:

Post a Comment