Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More About Ciao

So far, my progress on Ciao has been pleasing, even though I haven't reached my first payout yet. However, something happened that amazed me.

I had been having issues with my password since my account was created. I contacted them about my problem via email. I received an automated reply, and didn't think much of it. I have not had many good experiences with online customer services (including one infuriating exchange with Myspace.com).

So you can't blame me for being surprised when I was emailed a day later, not by an automated reply, but an actual polite human being offering to help solve my account problem, if I was willing to be patient for a little bit longer. Because of the nature of the problem, it wasn't unreasonable for them to ask me to wait another day or two. I emailed them back with an affirmative and waited.

Another day passed, and I got another email. My problem had been addressed and fixed. I logged into my account to check -- it had!

So apparently, their customer service is handled by real, live human beings - and they actually try to help you. It's sad that I should be impressed by something like this, but I really am. It's not often that you get good customer support from a large website.

It's definitely a huge point in their favor, and yet another indication that it is worth spending a little bit more time using Ciao. I am certainly being won over.

No comments:

Post a Comment