Monday, June 15, 2009

EasyHits4U, LinkReferral, and Getting Referrals

I decided the EasyHits4U wasn't worth the revenue I was losing - at least, for this blog. Well, that was short lived! So this blog is no longer participating in that. I still have the account and may use it for other websites (I have friends I'm sure would appreciate the hits). Instead, I will be relying on other ways of bringing in traffic. So, the ads are now back up. I didn't foresee struggling with this as a side-effect of my blog, but there you go! I'm learning about this stuff on the fly.

Now, my assessment from my very short experience:
EasyHits4U seems to be good only if you want a ton of hits with a fairly low conversion rate. Using the website was interesting, so interesting that I may actually continue to use it even though I'm not actually using it to get hits at the moment. I don't have any problems with "hoarding" hits for future use on different websites or blogs. I discovered many interesting websites even in the day that I was using it, but the majority of them were the MAKE 5 BAZILLION DOLLARS IN 2 WEEKS WITH THIS SCAM!!!!!!! types. And frankly, those really irritate and bore me.

If you are less interested in a sheer volume of hits and would rather have a lower volume of targeted traffic (you have to do a little bit more work to get it) you may be more interested in LinkReferral. It's hard to explain how it works, but I'll try. You get added to a directory of links. Your ranking is really, really low - in order to improve it, you have to accrue credit by visiting other websites, rating them, and writing short reviews about them. So you're potentially also helping other webmasters and bloggers improve their websites and blogs, as well as discovering interesting new places on the Internet. You can also make posts in the forum to earn credit. This credit improves your ranking in LinkReferral's directory. I would like to point out that am not currently using LinkReferral for this specific blog because I have ads on this blog and that is against the rules, but a friend showed it to me, and I thought that the concept was interesting. It was also relevant enough to blog about, since so many "get paid to ___" programs rely on referrals to generate any decent amount of money - so, here I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment