Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Trek Pay

So, a friend sent me an invite to Trek Pay. They didn't want a whole lot of personal info, so I figured what the hell. I signed up.

It literally took TWO MINUTES of being a member to be accused of cheating. My crime? Clicking on a link. You know, like you're supposed to, in order to earn credits.

Now, I try my hardest to play by the rules. I'm not trying to game the system, since that endangers the very websites I hope to benefit from. Accusing a two-minute-old honest member of cheating when they haven't done anything wrong is not good customer service, and it's not a good way to win loyalty or grow as a website, either.

This is the ticket I submitted to TrekPay's support:
Subj: "Confused by accusations of cheating (currently using Firefox browser)"
Body:
"I'm running searches and trying to click on websites to visit them, as I am supposed to, in order to earn credits. I'm currently using the latest version of Firefox. Every time I click on a link - not even trying to open in a new tab or anything, just a regular everyday left-CLICK - on a link, it still pops open in a new window and it says "manually entered URL, cheating will not be tolerated, we are watching".

Well, I haven't manually entered any URLs and I'm trying to open it in the same window. Is there a reason for why this is being displayed even though I'm not even trying to open the website in a new tab?"


I'll update if/when I receive a reply.

So far: not impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment